About Gibb Tools

Gibb Tools are a leading specialist tool supplier to the industrial and retail sectors, with offices in Aberdeen and Ghana. Our main but not exclusive business is the supply of engineering tools to the North Sea oil industry.

Gibb Tools was established and traded as a retail outlet until the oil industry arrived in Aberdeen. Since then the oil sector has become an increasingly important part of our business and we have changed our stock profile to reflect this.

Large in-house stock combined with high quality service has meant fast growth over the last decade. Our service quality is endorsed by ISO 9001:2008 and 1st Point Assessment accreditation.


1933 - Gibb Tools was established. Originally situated on Lodge Walk, Aberdeen with only 2 employees.

Gibb's Tool Mart, 1948,
40 King St, Aberdeen
1948 - Relocation to 40 King Street. Around 5 full-time employees. By 1970 we are already established as a reliable specialist tool supplier for the booming oil industry in the North-East of Scotland.

1992 - Relocation to 271 King Street. Business square footage increased to 50002 with a rapidly-growing international customer base. A full time staff complement of around 30 people.

2012 - The planned relocation to a purpose-built premises within a stones-throw of our current location. An estimated 16,0002 foot retail/warehouse will allow for continued expansion of the company.